INFORMATION, ANSWERS AND QUESTIONS ABOUT THE PASSPORT.
- Post offices are accepting applications and routine processing has resumed. The delivery time is 10 to 12 weeks, or 4 to 6 weeks if it is an expedited procedure. Please visit the Department of State's COVID-19 response webpage for more information.
- Walk-in applications are not available while COVID-19 (Coronavirus) precautions are in effect. Appointments may be available during business hours.
Make sure you are aware of the following and bring the items listed below.
You can find up-to-date rates, requirements, and other information on the State Departments travel site.
- For post offices that require an appointment, you can schedule online on the official USPS site at https://tools.usps.com/rcas.htm – * Not available in all locations.
- Please try to arrive 10 minutes early at the passport processing area, or your appointment may be canceled if you are late.
- Please review all photo, fee, identification, and form requirements prior to your appointment.
- How long does it take? Passports usually take between 2 and 10 weeks to be received.
- When can I renew? Renewal of the US passport can be done in person, or by mail if it is less than 15 years old.
- Can I get my passport faster? You can pay a supplement for expedited services if necessary.
- Do minors / children need the presence of an adult? If you are under 18 years of age, one or both parents or guardians must be present in person, depending on the age of the child.
- Children and adolescents up to 15 years old must be accompanied by both parents / guardians, or have proof of sole custody.
- Teens ages 16-17 must have at least one parent / legal guardian present.
What do I have to bring?
- What type of identification is needed? Make sure you have two forms of identification with copies of each.
- One of the identity documents must prove US citizenship, such as a birth certificate, previous passport, naturalization certificate, or certificate of citizenship.
- The second identity document must be current and valid, such as a driver’s license, government or military ID, naturalization certificate, or previously issued passport.
- What forms are needed? You must have the corresponding passport application form printed and filled out.
- The different forms are found on the Application Forms page.
- Do i need a photo? You will need a photo that meets all the requirements if the Passport Office does not have an available time to take photos.
- Most stores that offer photo taking provide these services, such as Walgreens or Wal-Mart.
- How much does it cost? You will have to pay an application fee to request or renew the passport.
- You can find the updated rates on the Passport Fees page.